Thursday, December 30, 2010

Hopeful but not certain.

Well we can only hope 2011 is better than 2010...Hope is such a weak work. I guess I should say, I know great things are in store for the new year. I am feeling a bit pessimistic about next yr. Due to the messages I hear in Gods word. I have been feeling lately that He has been telling me not to expect all thing in Christ to be happy and fun. Life may be serious and troubling. It is hard for me to accept God is saying this. I have always felt God has given me an optimistic view of the world. It is a natural thing for me to try to make fun of life when I get down. Changing into a silly girl has helped me ride quite a few currents on the rivers rapids and even a few ocean storms. I am not sure it is a terrible thing not to be happy. Maybe I should wonder if God can use my lack of humor to bring a serious tone to my countenance. Not ungrateful but less fun...Expressing thankfulness but not taking away a laborious tone. Having said that I am experiencing many blessings lately. My children have had a few bumpy rides that have turned out well! How blessed it is to see your children happy. I am sure God is joyous in my happiness as his daughter too. God has changed the lives of lost friends. Not only has he brought them to Him, He is using them. Right before my very eyes I see miracles in Christ. How many people witness God work and not recognize it. Thank you God for showing me you are real. You are living in my life and those around me. How precious to hear the sound of your voice speaking your will to my heart. It is so sweet to hear my children call my name, my husband call my name, BUT when YOU call my name I rejoice will all my soul and all that I am. How can this year be any less than wonderful walking through my day in the presence of my Lord.

1 comment:

  1. Psalm 139:14
    I will praise thee; for I am FEARFULLY [and] wonderfully made: marvellous [are] thy works; and [that] my soul knoweth right well.

    Humor and all. Love you sister in Christ!

    ReplyDelete